We are currently taking applications for the following positions at CFS:
Christian Fellowship School (CFS) is seeking an individual who is enthusiastic about our mission to provide a quality Christian education in a community of grace where students are known and loved. This enthusiasm will be the key to connecting with our parents and staff, so you can create successful events designed to build community with the school while also inviting the outside community into our network to gather new donors, volunteers and potentially new families.
This person will be a highly energetic team player who gets involved in activities around the school. They will also have to be very self-motivated. They need to be highly organized and capable of motivating others to volunteer and support their efforts. Connections within the community are very helpful. They should have some basic knowledge of marketing, social media business promotions and some degree of creativity to design ads, printed material and mailings. Knowledge of MS Office, MailChimp and Donor Databases is also helpful. Experience with non-profits would also be helpful.
This position works closely with all administrative staff and reports directly to the principal. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, retirement, vacation and tuition benefits for children.
CFS was established in 1981 as a ministry of Christian Fellowship Church (CFC). We are a Pre-K to 12th grade school providing an option for parents who desire a Christ-centered education for their children. We now have nearly 300 students representing over 40 congregations in the Columbia area. We currently occupy the same building as the church, but the church is in the process of moving to a new location in 2020. The Development & Community Relations Director will be crucial in raising funds and awareness for the school in order to make the necessary renovations and recruit additional students to fill the expanded school.
This is an exciting time of change and unlimited possibilities for the school! Change also brings new challenges, so this position requires adaptability and determination to succeed.
• Run weekly reports from DonorConnect to keep up with donor contributions.
• Initiate program within DonorConnect to maintain regular points of contact with donors.
• Plan events to recognize donor contributions & volunteer hours.
• Quarterly newsletter to donors with an update on the status of the school.
• Fall & Spring event-oriented fundraisers
Plan, recruit volunteers, gather sponsors, sell tickets & invite key donors
Coordinate advertising packages for corporate sponsors
Post-event follow-up with donors, attendees, sponsors
Create slideshows using Power Point
Design programs, invitations, save the date cards
Need to train on school auction software
• Winter Annual Fund Campaign
Work directly with leadership to determine this year’s theme of the campaign, and promote the campaign year long, but have a direct mail launch in November.
• Peripheral Fundraising
SCRIP cards – promote this heavily year-round encourage and determine parental incentive to participate.
Box Tops for Education – same as above
• Back to school parties, open houses, donor receptions, fall dinner & carnival
External Public Relations:
• Attend other local fundraisers
• Attend Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Association of Fundraising Professionals meetings
• Establish contacts with local news media
Write press releases when appropriate
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication or Marketing or related field
• Experience with Fundraising
• Experience in Non-Profit Area or in Education
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Experience with grant writing is a bonus
If you are living in the Columbia area and have a heart for Christian education, we are always interested in talking with people about being on our substitute teacher and substitute teacher's aide list.
Please contact Kim Thoma or call 573-445-8565 for more information.
HIGH SCHOOL VARSITY VOLLEYBALL COACH
- Significant experience at playing and/or coaching volleyball at a competitive level.
- At least 60 hours of college credit.
- Skilled at organizing practices, game strategies, and other team management responsibilities.
- Able to effectively communicate with players, parents, and school administration.
- Personally mature, responsible, and dependable
- Effective in working with high school players.
- Spiritually mature and able to model Christian character and discipleship.
This is a part-time, seasonal position from August through October. Availability would be required for after-school practices and evenings and some Saturday games. This position receives a stipend of $1,500 for the season.
Christian Fellowship School is a small, private, Christian school in Columbia, MO and is a member of the Missouri Christian Schools Athletic Association. All employees, including coaches, must be in agreement with a basic, evangelical Christian statement of faith. Please contact Brad Clemons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-268-3867. If Brad is unavailable, please call the school at 445-8565 for more information.