Click Here for a printable PDF
Chromebook Minimum Specifications
- Chromium OS
- Google Apps – ability to access Google Apps for Education through the web browser or apps. Google Apps for Education include Google Classroom, Google Drive, Google Email, and other similar apps. The students will still have access to the Google accounts configured from the middle school Google Classrooms.
- Microsoft Apps – ability to access Office 365 online Apps: Word, Publisher, Excel, One Drive, Teams, Skype for Business. Juniors and Seniors will be provided with new O365 account credentials including an @cfsknights.org email address. PC and Mac users will be able to install these programs on their local devices.
- Wireless – ability to connect to a wireless network (WiFi) system using 802.11N or 802.11AC (802.11G is not recommended).
- Screen Size – a minimum screen size of 7.” A 9″ or larger screen is recommended. Note: Large screens of 15” or more take more power which will reduce the battery life.
- Storage – a minimum of 32 GB of local storage, either hard disk or solid state. SD port is highly recommended on Chromebooks.
- Memory – at least 2 GB of Ram is recommended.
- Battery – a minimum battery life of five to six hours. If the device allows batteries to be swapped, students can bring multiple charged batteries to school to meet this standard.
- Keyboard – a physical keyboard allows students to continue acclimating to keyboarding while writing papers or navigating the OS.
- Microphone/Headphones – allow for the use of a microphone and headphones, either through separate jacks for the microphone and headphone, a combined microphone/headphone jack, USB port, or Bluetooth connection.
- Onboard Webcam – allows for online collaboration and presentations.
- Protective Case – laptops are most vulnerable while in transit. A protective case pads the edges of the monitor, reducing the risk of damage to the hinges or screen connections.