CFS Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ (John 10:33)
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35)
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26)
- His miracles (John 2:11)
- His vicarious atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:4)
- His bodily resurrection (John 11:25)
- His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19)
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11)
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by grace and through faith alone are we saved. (John 3:16-19; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10, Tutus 3:5)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling and continuous filling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and is empowered with gifts of the Spirit as He wills. (Acts 1:5-8; Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12-14)
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgment of Satan and his angels. (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5; 28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
Reviewed, revised and approved by the CFS School Board on November 20, 2013.