The Voice of Your Student Body
The National Association of Student Council is about:
- Leadership—Supporting the development of student and adviser leadership skills and knowledge
- Service—Helping build a climate of caring and tolerance through volunteerism and service to others
- Student Voice—Promoting student council as the voice of the student body and giving every student an opportunity to be heard
- Engagement—Encouraging students to become involved in school and community leadership and decision making
The CFS Student Council:
CFS Student Council is a student-based organization designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students. Students participating in all levels of the Council will maintain a high standard of personal conduct. Council members will demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions. All Council members will be expected to participate in approved activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of both the physical and behavior environment of the school.
Why do we have student council?
- To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- To promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/faculty relationships.
- To improve school morale and general welfare.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Benefits of being involved in student council include: opportunity to improve leadership skills, gain experience in public speaking, and learn how to make a positive impact on school and community environment.
Objectives of the student council are to:
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff.
- Train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship
- Students must be very responsible people who are willing to work hard.
- As student council members you will be called to serve other students by representing their issues. The council does not have the power to change policies, only to voice student opinion.
- Student council will be involved in community minded projects. School beautification, pep rallies and dances are among some of the projects.
Student Council Sponsors:
Student Council officers: